Dr Stephen TONG Jia Jong
Specialty / Interest
- Family Medicine
- Occupational Medicine
- Designated Workplace Doctor
English, Mandarin, Cantonese
Dr Tong has 30 years medical experience with post-graduate training in both Family Medicine as well as in Occupational Medicine.
He is a registered senior Family Physician with the Singapore Medical Council. He is a Designated Workplace Doctor registered with the Ministry of Manpower.
He is trained in Occupational Health and is certified to conduct pre-employment and periodic medical examination for persons employed in hazardous occupation as defined under the Workplace Safety & Health Act.
He is also trained in Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine as well as conditions related to Compressed Air Works. He is equipped to recognise conditions associated with working under compressed air environment such as MRT tunnelling works, diving related conditions and has conducted fitness assessment for commercial offshore as well as recreational divers.
Dr Tong is a member of the Singapore Medical Association, College of Family Physicians Singapore, and was an Editorial Board Member of the College Mirror. He is an adjunct lecturer with the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, as well as a tutor for the graduate diploma in family medicine programme.
He was also awarded the 15 years long service award from MCYS for his work in the community.
Dr Tong is married with 2 children. He plays tennis and cycles regularly.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Master of Medicine (Family Medicine), Singapore
- Collegiate Member College of Family Physician, Singapore
- Master of Science (Healthcare Management), Swansea, UK
- Graduate Diploma Occupational Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Graduate Diploma in Mental Health, National University of Singapore
Dr LAI Wai Kwan Vincent
- Diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy & flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP
- Diagnostic and therapeutic upper GI endoscopy
Cantonese, English, Indonesian, Mandarin
- Dr Vincent Lai is a gastroenterologist practising at Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore. His clinical interests include liver failure, viral hepatitis (liver inflammation) and liver transplantation. He is trained in therapeutic endoscopy and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), whereby imaging of internal organs aid the treatment of gastrointestinal and liver conditions.
- Dr Lai attained his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery at the University of Sheffield, UK in 1993. He then pursued 5 years of specialist training in gastroenterology (stomach and intestine) and another 5 years of subspecialty training in hepatology (liver, gall bladder and bile duct) at the University of Birmingham, UK. During his time at one of the largest liver transplant units in Europe, he gained much exposure to general and transplant hepatology, particularly the management of acute liver failure and viral hepatitis.
- Dr Lai was accredited by the Specialist Accreditation Board in gastroenterology in England in 2006. He then attained his Doctor of Philosophy degree from the University of Birmingham, UK in 2007, with his research on investigating liver immunity in viral hepatitis. Dr Lai was also actively involved in the care of patients with acute liver failure and liver dialysis during this period.
- Dr Lai was a consultant hepatologist at the Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust from 2006 – 2008, where he contributed to the development of viral hepatitis services. During his tenure, he was actively involved in medical research and was awarded a grant from the Trust to study patients with liver infection.
- In his practice in Singapore, Dr Lai has been actively involved in both cadaveric and living donor liver transplantation. His research interests include the adaptive and innate immunity in patients with liver disease, particularly in patients with viral hepatitis and liver failure. He has published extensively in the areas of viral immunology and acute liver failure.
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University of Sheffield, UK
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom
- Doctorate of Philosophy, University of Birmingham, UK
Tel: 6337 8933 / 6235 7923
Dr Chuah Chin Tek 蔡进德医生
Visiting Consultant Ophthalmologist
- Treatment and management of
- Cataract 白内障
- Glaucoma 青光眼
- Pterygium 瘀肉攀睛
- Dry Eyes 干眼症
- Allergic Eye Disease 过敏性眼病
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) 年龄相关性黄斑变性
- Lumps and Bumps of the Eyelids – Infection of the Eyelids
- Various modalities or and management of facial aging, includingBotox Injection
- Chemical Skin Peels
In addition to perform Cataract and Lasik surgery using the latest techniques (small incision, sutureless phacoemulsification with premium lenses for cataract and tissue savings, topo-guided Lasik), Dr Chuah was trained and subspecializes in Oculoplastics Surgery (Double Eyelids, Lower Eyebags, Droopy Lids) (hence Aesthetics).
Dr Chuah was specifically trained locally and in the USA (under a Ministry of Health HMDP Award) in Eyelid and Eyebags surgery, Botox, Fillers, Chemical Peels, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and Lasers, and has authored book chapters and lectured in these fields.
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Singapore
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Master of Medicine in Ophthalmology, Singapore
- Diploma in Aesthetics Medicine, USA
Lim Kit Looi
Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy)
Kit graduated from South Australian University (Previously known as South Australia Institute of Technology). She has 30 years of clinical and managerial experience under her belt. She started in Mount Elizabeth in 1988, working with acute inpatient cases from an array of disciplines such as Intensive Care Unit, cardiovascular and orthopedic.
She was one of the pioneers in establishing the Neuro Rehab Unit in Mount Elizabeth, which pride itself to be a multi-disciplinary approach rehabilitation. She was seconded to head the Gleneagles Hospital Rehabilitation Department. After 12 years with Parkway Group of Hospitals, she left to establish her own private practice, PhysioKit, of 16 years.
After taking 2 years of sabbatical leave, she now joined Physio@Novena Pte Ltd. Conditions that she sees are orthopedic e.g. post trauma, back, neck, upper and lower limbs. Neurological conditions e.g. strokes and Parkinson Disease. She also has special interest in Women’s health relieving ante and post-natal mothers from their concerns with urinary incontinence, bodily pain and getting fit again. Last but not least, she does therapy for patients who have mobility difficulty due to injury or frailty in the comfort of their own homes.
Mondays 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Thursdays 8:30am to 12:30pm
Tel: 6337 8933