Main Industries and Occupations at Risk
- Manufacture of coal tar, pitch, bitumen and creosote (Coke oven industries);
- Coal gasifi cation;
- Coke production;
- Water proofing of wood, making of roofing and insulating materials;
- Lining irrigation canals and reservoirs;
- Manufacture of dyestuff , e.g., carbon black;
- Manufacture of paints;
- Chemical feedstock for the production of benzene, toluene, xylene, phenol;
- Sealing agents, e.g., in battery manufacture;
- Lubricant for die moulds.
Any occupational exposure to coal tar, coal tar pitch and coal tar creosote
Types of Tests and Frequency of Examinations:
- Pre-placement medical examination: within 3 months of exposure
- Clinical examination with emphasis on skin, lungs, gastrointestinal system and bladder.
- Periodic medical examinations: every 12 months
- Clinical examination with emphasis on the skin, lungs, gastrointestinal system and bladder.