Regular Breast Cancer Screening is recommended for ladies age 40 years and above – to handle it effectively, it should be diagnosed at the early stages.
- Screening & detection of breast cancer.
- Preparation prior to mammogram
- No fasting is required
- No body power/perfume/deodorants/creams to the breasts or underarms (it may affect quality of films/distort images)
- No jewellery around neck area.
- During Mammogram:
- Each breast fits onto a flat x-ray plate. A compressor will then push the breast down to flatten the tissue. This provides a clearer picture of the breast. You may have to hold your breath for each picture. You may feel some pressure or discomfort, but it is usually brief.
|Mammogram & Ultrasound Breasts||220
|Mammogram, Ultrasound Pelvis & Breasts||350
National Recommendations (from Singapore Cancer Society)
- Mammogram Screening:
- Age 40 – 49 years – Annually
- Age 50 years and above – Once every 2 years
- HPV Test – At least once every 5 years
- Pap Smear Test – At least once every 3 years
Please speak to us regarding our women wellness and other breast cancer screening programme.
We also conduct mammogram screening for;