COVID-19 serology (blood) testing may be used in the determination of
- immune response to vaccination,
- evidence of past infection,
- for pre-departure travel where required by the destination country or carrying airline, and
- epidemiological assessment such as in persons undergoing rostered routine testing (RRT).
There is currently no role for COVID-19 serology (IgG/IgM) tests in the clinical diagnosis of recent-onset COVID-19 infections. A PCR swab test is used in the diagnosis active COVID-19 infections. In the event of a positive serology test result, depending on his past vaccination, infection history or current symptoms, the person may also require a further COVID-19 PCR test to determine if there is active COVID-19 infection.
Patients are advised to consult with our physicians regarding the need for this test.
- Test for immunity after Pfizer / Moderna or other COVID-19 vaccine (Serology for Neutralising Antibodies to the Spike protein – ACOV2S) – $48.00 Nett
- Test for past infection (Serology COV IgG – COV G) – $35.00 Nett
- For pre-travel (COVID Serology IgM – COV M) – $38.00 Nett
For persons with overseas COVID-19 vaccination, we can update this information into the National Immunisation Records if it meets the following criteria:
- The individuals are Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents or Long-Term Pass (e.g. Long-Term Visitor Pass, Work Permit, Employment Pass, S Pass, Dependent Pass) Holders (LTPH);
- Produce an overseas COVID-19 vaccination document, – the vaccine used should be authorised by the Heath Sciences Authority under the Pandemic Special Access Route (PSAR) or listed on the World Health Organization’s Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL);
- The relevant serology test result is positive.
Upon successful ingestion of the individuals’ overseas COVID-19 vaccination data into NIR, the individuals would be able to view their vaccination records in HealthHub (mid July 2021 onwards), and subsequently on TraceTogether once the system enhancement is ready (late August 2021 onwards).
Please call us at 6337 8933 for an appointment to have the test done.