COVID-19 serology (blood) testing may be used in the determination of
- immune response to vaccination,
- evidence of past infection,
- for pre-departure travel where required by the destination country or carrying airline, and
- epidemiological assessment such as in persons undergoing rostered routine testing (RRT).
There is currently no role for COVID-19 serology (IgG/IgM) tests in the clinical diagnosis of recent-onset COVID-19 infections. A PCR swab test is used in the diagnosis active COVID-19 infections. In the event of a positive serology test result, depending on his past vaccination, infection history or current symptoms, the person may also require a further COVID-19 PCR test to determine if there is active COVID-19 infection.
Patients are advised to consult with our physicians regarding the need for this test.
- Test for immunity after Pfizer / Moderna or other COVID-19 vaccine (Serology for Neutralising Antibodies to the Spike protein – ACOV2S) – $48.00 Nett
- Test for past infection (Serology COV IgG – COV G) – $35.00 Nett
- For pre-travel (COVID Serology IgM – COV M) – $38.00 Nett